How does Valisure, an Analytical Pharmacy, work in the Industry?
Global Pharma Industry
The $2 trillion global pharmaceutical industry is extremely complex and products typically touch 10-20 different hands before reaching you.
- ~80% of ingredients in US medications are manufactured in India or China.
- Medication batches are rarely tested by anyone other than the original manufacturer who self-reports the results. No American distributor or pharmacy, other than Valisure, chemically analyzes and screens every batch of product they sell.
The pharmaceutical and pharmacy industry is the only retail market that has been immune from strong consumer demands for transparency and recognizable quality. That is about to change.David Light Founder and CEO
There’s plenty of news about counterfeits but even getting an authentic medicine does not mean it is quality. Significant variability can exist in authentic medications and, each time you refill, you usually get a new batch or manufacturer, especially if the drug is generic. You may have already felt the effects.
In the US there are roughly 3 drug recalls every day. 1-2 of those recalls each week are “Class I” which means “there is significant and immediate danger of death or other serious injury.”
- > 50% of Americans on meds report having had a problem with their medications at a refill.
- Harvard Medical School has shown batch-to-batch variability in epileptic medications is associated with a 2.3X increased chance of getting a seizure.
“For some drugs we have to go through three or four different manufacturers till we find one we can pass and sell.” Amber Jessop, MSc Data Scientist
Valisure’s lab has ISO 17025 accreditation, is DEA and FDA registered and its staff is directed by Harvard- and Yale-trained scientists who strive to bring consumers the utmost quality.
- Proprietary laser-based analytical technology is patent pending and enables high precision analysis without adding cost to consumers.
- Valisure samples and rigorously analyzes each and every lot of pharmaceuticals and the failures are screened out.
My full time job and that of my entire team is to do everything we can to help ensure that you and your family receive quality and consistent medications.Dr. Kaury Kucera, PhD Chief Scientific Officer
Valisure’s digital pharmacy enables you to easily purchase and refill certain medications and over-the-counter products. Sign up now to receive chemically batch-validated medications.
- Simply transfer your prescription to ValisureRX or have your doctor call it in.
- Receive medications and pharmacy products through the mail.
Customer service and satisfaction is the top priority for my staff and me. Please feel free to reach out with any questions; we’re happy to help.Paul Barry, MBA, RPH Chief Pharmacist