Valisure is conducting a crowdsourced study of sun care products. The goal is to investigate the presence of potentially harmful contaminants in sun care products (cream, gel, aerosol spray, stick, pump spray, etc.).
For a limited time, individuals or organizations can submit a sample of sun care products to Valisure for testing by Valisure’s ISO 17025 accredited laboratory. There is no cost for this analysis; however, analytical resources are limited and samples may be prioritized by Valisure. Testing is expected to be completed in 8-12 weeks and individual results will be emailed to you if available for your sample.
More information on Valisure’s detection of benzene in sun care products here.
Important information and restrictions:
- All samples must be in the original packaging. Do not remove any sun care products from the original container.
- No samples will be returned to you.
- All submissions are subject to the terms of our Sun Care Analysis Service Agreement.
- We cannot accept any products paid for by Medicare, Medicaid, or other government programs due to legal restrictions.
- Fill in the form on this page.
- Review and agree to the Sun Care Analysis Services Agreement.
- Properly pack the sun care product(s) according to carrier regulations.
- Mail the package to Valisure at the address provided in your confirmation email.