Last modified: October 12, 2021
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, personal health information, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of requesting further information or services from Valisure. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Please note that by submitting a telephone number to Valisure you agree that a representative of Valisure can contact you at the number you provide, potentially using automated technology (including texts/SMS messaging) or a pre-recorded message. Your consent is not an obligation to receive any of our products and/or services.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use “cookies” or other similar tracking technologies to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This information will help us to improve the quality of our services and make it easier to navigate the Site. This information typically includes:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Although most web browsers automatically accept cookies, most computers allow you to change your browser setting to prevent acceptance of cookies. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. Please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies certain features or parts of the Site may not work properly. We do not use flash cookies or track users across time and across websites.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To assist you with managing your accounts and passwords.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
You may choose to exclude yourself from any mailings by contacting us at the contact information below.
We do not sell, trade or rent e-mail addresses to other organizations, or use or disclose them for marketing purposes, except as described below. We may generate e-mail for the following types of communication:
- Notification e-mail to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Transactional e-mail, which is the result of our providing services to you.
- Relationship e-mail, which is sent as an informational service because of a relationship with us.
- Commercial e-mail or newsletter, which is sent to promote our services and developments and articles of interest in our field (you may opt not to receive this type of e-mail or unsubscribe).
- Correspondence from our staff as a result of a communication initiated by you.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction. Valisure may share your personal information with its affiliates and trusted third parties who assist us by providing services to users of the Site, including, but not limited to, survey companies, credit card processing, fulfillment processing, customer service, email distribution, and website management.
Additionally, to comply with legal requirements, cooperate with law enforcement, prevent fraud and other crimes, and protect the legal rights of Valisure and others, there are circumstances in which we may share the personal information we collect on this Site without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory requirement; to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the legal rights, property or safety of Valisure, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, independent contractors, licensors, suppliers, partners, successors, agents, and other users or the public in general or to protect your vital interests. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without providing notice to you.
If we merge or are combined with any other organization, or if we transfer assets or operations to another organization or company, we may disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with such sale, merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or transfer of all or some of our business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Valisure about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have industry standard measures in place to safeguard and secure information and data we collect through the Site. It is important that you understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or “hacker proof” and we cannot guarantee security of the information you submit to us, and transmission of data is therefore entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for taking personal steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority, Children’s Privacy and Parental Controls
Our Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not use our Site to knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under 18 years of age. If you are under 18 years of age you may not use this Site and should not provide any information on this Site, through any of its features, register on the Site, use any of the interactive features of this Site, or provide information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to the collection and use of information from children, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and other applicable laws or regulations. Please be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have information from or about a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by postal mail addressed to Valisure LLC, 5 Science Park, New Haven, CT 06511 or by email at [email protected] and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our database.
Contacting Us; Opting Out
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will make good faith efforts to confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfill specific opt-out requests, and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information if you contact us at [email protected] to submit such requests. We may decline to process a request that is unreasonable, jeopardizes the rights or privacy of others, is impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required.
Who to Contact