Last modified: May 5, 2018
Children Privacy and Parental Controls
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to anyone under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age you may not use this Site and should not provide any information about yourself through this Site. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to the collection and use of information from children, including the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of the United States and other applicable laws or regulations. Please be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors. If you believe that we received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by postal mail addressed to Valisure LLC, 5 Science Park, 2nd Floor, New Haven, CT 06511 or by email at email@example.com and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our database.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (“personal information”);
- Which may contain certain personal health information if you choose to provide it (“personal health information”)
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes but is not limited to information provided at the time of requesting further information or services from Valisure. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- If the information is personal health information that you provided, the use of the information is subject to the Notice of Privacy Practices (below).
Disclosure of Your Information
Valisure may share your personally identifiable information with its affiliates and trusted third parties who assist us by providing services to users of the Site, including, but not limited to, survey companies, credit card processing, fulfilment processing, customer service, email distribution, and website management.
Additionally, to comply with legal requirements, cooperate with law enforcement, prevent fraud and other crimes, and protect the legal rights of Valisure and others, there are circumstances in which we may share the personal information we collect on this Site without notifying you when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or regulatory requirement; to comply with a subpoena, court order, or other legal process; to cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental investigations (without necessarily requiring the law enforcement or government agency requesting the information to formally serve us with a subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce a contract; to protect the legal rights, property or safety of Valisure, our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, independent contractors, licensors, suppliers, partners, successors, agents, and other users or the public in general or to protect your vital interests. We also reserve the right to report to appropriate law enforcement or government agencies any activities that we, in good faith, believe to be unlawful without providing notice to you.
If we merge or are combined with any other organization, or if we transfer assets or operations to another organization or company, we may disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in connection with such sale, merger, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or transfer of all or some of our business, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Valisure about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have industry standard measures in place to safeguard and secure information and data we collect through the Site. It is important that you understand, however, that no website or database is completely secure or “hacker proof” and we cannot guarantee security of the information you submit to us. You are responsible for taking personal steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password from unauthorized use or disclosure.
Contacting Us; Opting-Out
At your request and where the law requires us to do so, we will make good faith efforts to confirm what personal information we hold about you, update your information, remove your information, fulfill specific opt out requests, and/or correct any inaccuracies in such personal information if you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit such requests. We may decline to process a request that is unreasonable, jeopardizes the rights or privacy of others, is impractical or for which access is not otherwise required.
Who to Contact
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at 5 Science Park, 2nd Floor, New Haven, CT 06511.
Notice of Privacy Practices
Some of the information we collect on this Site contains health information collected on behalf of our affiliated pharmacy, ValisureRX. The following Notice of Privacy Practices applies to the uses, disclosures and privacy practices relating to your health information collected through this Site.
Contact information for ValisureRX:
5 Science Park, 1st floor
New Haven, CT 06511
Privacy Officer Contact information: